Premise: Garue the Hutt loaned a mercenary scouting team from his organization (The Gray Griffins) to the Radell Mining Corporation (RMC) in exchange for a percentage of the resulting profit. The team has been captured and taken hostage by pirates, and are being held for ransom. Your mission is to rescue the Griffins and secure any new worlds they claimed for RMC.
1. Travelled to Elrood. Met with Shondra Del, the initial contact, who represents Garue’s organization. Del indicated that there is currently a strong Imperial presence in the sector.
2. Met with Jameth Todkal, an RMC executive. Also met Parek, a scout with the Griffins who was released to deliver the ransom demands (250,000 cr). Parek indicated that the Griffins had discovered a planet to be mined – Alluvia; he gave approximate coordinates to the party.
3. RMC corporate offices were given a bomb threat by Adair Koryunt, a mercenary terrorist. The party found the bomb and rendered it harmless. They also gave chase to Koryunt, however he escaped.
4. Party travelled into The Drift in search of Alluvia. Along the way they encountered Star Wing, a Star Dragon, and rendered aid to him.
5. Party was attacked by pirates of The Scourge – the same pirates that have The Griffins hostage. Defeating the pirates, the party was able to get the location of the pirates base (Dega), as well as the location of The Whisper, the Griffins’ ship (Korad).
6. Party travelled to Korad first. Met and negotiated with Slythor, a Squib who runs the planet. Ended up beating his bodyguard in a shockboxing match. Slythor traded the party, giving them many things:
- location of The Whisper (in orbit around Korad).
- an astromech droid (R4-B11).
- a black-powder pistol.
- a complete collection of Utozz bottles.
- a bandolier converted to hold Utozz bottles.
- spare parts to a moisture vaporator.
- a datapad with 942 Mon Calimari recipies.
- a tooth from a large carnivorous predator.
The party then left.
7. The party then found The Whisper and recovered the coordinates for Alluvia.
8. The party then travelled to Dega to find the Griffins. They encountered Iych-thae, an Ithorian environmentalist who warned against the environmental evils of RMC. He also gave information regarding the possible location of the pirates’ base.
9. The party encountered different things while looking for the base:
- A mining barge wreck
- Bounty hunters making an exchange
- Mining ground crawler
- Sink hole
- Dust storm
- Scavengers (who helped protect the party from the dust storm by bringing them to their dwellings; they also directed the party to the pirates’ base. The party promised to return and rescue the scavengers.)
10. The party found the base – located in the bottom of a large mine shaft. They gained entry to the base and engaged in a firefight with a group of pirates there, defeating them.
(August 10th, 2013)
11. The party searched the pirates’ base, to find their captain, Chalmer Trillili, hiding in his room. He challenged them to a duel, which they accepted. Trillili defeated the Trogorian in a duel with vibroswords, then ran off as Zek Synder gave chase and fired at him.
12. The party also found a computer room, where they hacked the system gaining control of the base systems, and a store room where they found additional equipment. In Trillili’s room they found a bowcaster and some precious gems (6,500 cr worth).
14. Zek Synder found a jet pack and used it to fly back to the party’s ship The Bigger Fish. On the way, he loaded the scavengers on board, to make good on the party’s promise to rescue them from Dega. He flew back to the pirate base to load the hostages (who were too weak to travel), and additional provisions, since the ship was now overfull.
15. Shortly after takeoff, while still in the mineshaft that accesses the pirate base, The Bigger Fish was attacked by a pair of Skipray Blastboats of The Scourge. The party defeated one Blastboat that returned to base after sustaining heavy damage. And, after some hacking of the remaining pirate vessel, the party was able to outrun them and escape the system. The then entered hyperspace enroute back to the Elrood system.
And that’s where we left off….